News from our dance classes
We like to keep our students updated with the latest news from our dance classes. From qualifications gained and tests passed, to photos from our latest productions – check back regularly to keep abreast of everything going on at Symphony Dance School.
Dear Parents & Students,
We are now coming out of a difficult time, and are looking forward to welcoming you back through our doors. We are excited about the prospect of reopening on Tuesday September 8th 2020. However in these unpredictable times we may have to amend this date. Please keep your eyes on the website and our social media channels. If this date is revised we will be in contact via email.
We understand that this is a worrying time for everybody, so we have included details of actions we are putting into place. If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us.
As we have had such a long break from dancing we will be moving some students up into different classes as they were working towards an exam, and we feel they are ready for the new work of the next grade. However, please reassure any children that haven’t moved up that they are not to worry. If they cannot remember the work they were taught before lockdown we will take it nice and steady. We are just looking forward to getting back into the studio.
See below for your new timetable ….
What we are doing to keep everyone safe …
- We will be providing hand sanitising stations for the students on entry to the building.
- We have invested in a thermometer to take everyone’s temperatures as they come into the building.
- Social distancing will be observed in class and a ‘hands off’ teaching approach will be adopted by all teachers – this means we won’t be using physical corrections, only verbal instructions.
- We have timetabled in breaks between classes to allow for safe transfer of students back to their parents. This will also allow us to clean between sessions.
- Any props used in class that are owned by the school will be sanitised after use, either between classes if they are needed again, or at the end of the day, ready for the next use. We will also make many of the props we use available to purchase brand new from Miss Barbara if you would feel safer having your own.
- We are going to make every effort to keep the facilities that we are using clean, however as hirers we are not exclusively liable for cleanliness.
- We are working hard with our venues to ensure everybody is safe. We have an open dialogue with them and we are constantly assessing the situation and how to progress to make you even safer.
What you can do to help us…
- Bringing your child to class ready dressed for their dance class. We will not be able to grant access to changing facilities, so we suggest that all students come to class ready in their uniform. Please make sure you label any skirts, shoes, or clothing that might be removed when transferring between classes, eg Character skirts, Ballet shoes, Tap shoes & Socks.
- Providing your child with a water bottle with their name on. We are unable to use the kitchen facilities at St.Peters.
- Following ‘Dropping off’ protocol. We have allowed time between classes so that the students can be chaperoned safely in and out of the building between classes. The entrances and exits will be clearly labelled.
- Arriving in plenty of time for the start of the lesson. Please make sure you can arrive at least 5 minutes early to the session. It may take longer for the students to come in and out of the building and making sure they can start on time is really important to us.
- Avoid coming into the building yourself. We will ensure your child is safe and cared for, and due to social distancing we are unable to allow access to a waiting room/changing room. If you need to order uniform or speak to Miss Barbara we will set up an efficient queuing system.
- If you are entering the building, please wear a mask, and use the sanitiser provided.
If you have any questions or queries about anything in this email please contact us.
We know it will feel strange to start with, but adapting to these changes will help everyone feel safer, and more importantly, get us back dancing.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone dancing again.
Symphony Dance School
NEW PRE SCHOOL (Babies ballet) - age from 2 1/2 to 4 years. STARTING: On FRIDAY 14th September LOCATION: At Kempsey Parish Hall TIME: 2:30 to 3:00 (trial lesson free) NEW MODERN CLASS - age from 4 to 6 years. STARTING: On FRIDAY 21st September LOCATION: At Kempsey...
What a wonderful end to the academic year at Symphony Dance School culminating with our 24th Summer School and show. Yet another great success. The children were outstanding as it was extremely hot and tiring for them but the enthusiasm and discipline they...
Once again the beginning of the school holiday heralds the start of our annual Summer School. The emphasis for the children to have a good time whilst enjoying the love of dance. From the first day every age group worked relentlessly to remember and produce several...
Congratulation to all the children who took ballet exams this term. Wonderful results once again with 85% gaining a Distinction and the rest of our pupils being awarded high Merits. Well done! More news to follow soon...
We have just come back from Telford Dance Festival and are so proud of our students' success once again. They got placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd in nearly all the sections that they entered with all our groups placed 1st or 2nd. The most wonderful end to the festival was...
We hope all our pupils and their parents have had a wonderful Christmas, and we wish you a very Happy New Year! We ended the term on a high with a super festival, winning both Senior A Classical Group and Senior B Cabaret Group amongst many other things. Hoping to...
We received marvellous exam results in both Ballet and Modern Dance, with 100% of pupils gaining a Merit grade or higher. 90% of pupils gained a Distinction in ISTD Modern work with all of our pupils taking their Major exams receiving a distinction. Brilliant feedback...
Whilst the rest of the world were losing their minds, rushing around shops desperately making their way through the ever daunting Christmas list, members of Symphony dance school and associated supporters and followers had the pleasure of two full weekends of dance at...
Welcome to our news section Check back regularly for the latest news and tips from Ablecare carpet and oven cleaners.